Live to Eat and Travel

Travel Advisories, Visas and more

When traveling domestically or abroad, it is important to be prepared. Live to Eat and Travel Inc. recommends to always conduct research well in advance of your travel date for Visa requirements, travel advisories, and other important information related to health, security, weather, general conditions or other.

Key websites to check before every trip:

  • – The Government of Canada Travel and Tourism page which includes, but is not limited to, advisories and embassies and consulates by destination. A country’s Visa requirement can be found on the applicable travel advisory page under the “Entry/exit requirements” heading. It is strongly advised that you regularly monitor their website for any changes to current conditions.
  • – The official Public Health Agency of Canada’s page on Travel Health, including advisories, notices, recommended health & safety notices, and more.

Some key points to consider before you leave Canada, from the Government of Canada’s traveler’s checklist, include:

  • Visit, Canada’s one-stop-shop for international travel information and advice.
  • Check for Travel Advice and Advisories on your destination.
  • Pack the app! Download our Travel Smart app at
  • Follow our Twitter (@travelGoC) and Facebook (@travelGoC) accounts and stay connected to Canada wherever you are.
  • Sign up for Registration of Canadians Abroad at
  • Buy travel insurance.
  • Visit a health care provider or travel medicine clinic six weeks before your trip.
  • Carry a Canadian passport that is valid well past the date you expect to return to Canada. Keep a hidden copy of the identification page.
  • Leave copies of your passport identification page, itinerary and insurance policy with friends or family.
  • Obtain visas well in advance.
  • If your child is travelling alone or with someone else, or someone else’s child is travelling with you, make sure they carry documentation proving they have permission to travel abroad.
  • Obtain an International Driving Permit, if you need one.
  • Plan your travel budget and keep extra funds in case of emergency.
  • If you are a dual citizen, check with your destination country’s embassy or consulate to avoid problems.
  • Cannabis is illegal in most countries. Do not carry cannabis or cannabis products across Canada’s borders.
  • In case of emergency abroad, contact or call +1 613 996 8885 (call collect where available).