Mongolia: Naadam Festival & the Khan Legacy
On a journey filled with unique cultural experiences, retrace the footsteps of the Khan legacy, as you take in a centuries-old Mongolian festival, explore the far-flung wilds of the Gobi Desert, and follow Kublai Khan’s influence to the Great Wall in Beijing.
- Experience one of the continent’s oldest celebrations of skill, strength and daring at the annual Naadam Festival, witnessing the pageantry of the opening ceremonies and taking in the traditional contests of archery, wrestling and horse racing
- Spend three nights in the Gobi at Three Camel Lodge, a boutique property modeled after traditional Mongolian gers
- Ride a camel through Moltsog Els, taking in a vast dunescape seldom seen by Western eyes
- Explore the Flaming Cliffs, a haunting landscape where paleontologists first unearthed fossilized dinosaur eggs
Luxury small group tour starting at $12,495* USD per person, based on double occupancy
11 Days – Beijing to Ulaanbaatar
Included with this luxury Marco Polo Journey
- English-Speaking Resident Tour Director® and Local Guides
- Hand-Selected Luxury Accommodations (Where Available)
- Airport Meet and Greet with Private Transfers
- Travelling Bell Boy® Luggage Handling
- Breakfast in Bed on Select Days
- Full Breakfast Daily; Select Lunches and Dinners
- Traveller’s Valet® Laundry Service
- Internet Access (Where Available)
- Entrance Fees, Taxes and All Gratuities Except Resident Tour Director
- 24/7 A&K On-Call Support
- Guaranteed Departures with Just Two Guests
An adventure designed specifically for you
Let us work with you to tailor a journey based on your travel style and interests. We can use the existing itinerary above as a foundation, or build one from scratch to create your ideal vacation. Connect with us to start the conversation.
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and subject to change and availability.