High Road to Tibet
G Adventures Classic
From the sacred peaks of Tibet to lush green Nepalese valleys, explore overland the best of the Himalayas on this two-week tour. Discover mighty temples and small outposts on a journey that offers incredible vistas at every turn of the trail. Our expert Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) will take the hassle out of planning and help you find the secluded spots only the locals know — and leave you with time to explore. In the thin mountain air of Rongbuk, the highest monastery in the world, you’ll enjoy unparalleled views of Mt Everest. So make sure your camera is charged — you’re going to need it.
- Experience the Tibetan cultural capital of Lhasa
- Witness monks in debate and prayer
- Explore rural villages and lunar-like landscapes
- Reach 5000m and a mere 7km below Everest Base Camp
- Enjoy stunning views while travelling overland from Tibet to Nepal
Small group tour starting at $4,499* CAD per person, based on double occupancy
14 Days – Kathmandu to Kathmandu
Travel Style: Classic
All of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
Service Level: Standard
Comfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
Physical Rating: 3 – Average
Some tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Max 14, Avg 12.
- Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu
- Your G for Good Moment: Panauti Homestay, Panauti
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Local Living Moment: Rongbuk Monastery Guesthouse, Rongpu Si.
- Kathmandu orientation walk.
- Lhasa orientation walk.
- Potala Palace entrance.
- Sera Monastery visit.
- Jokhang Temple entrance.
- Pelkor Chode, Gyantse Kunbum, and Tashilhunpo Monastery visits.
- Border crossing support.
- Internal flights.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
An adventure designed specifically for you
Let us work with you to tailor a journey based on your travel style and interests. We can use the existing itinerary above as a foundation, or build one from scratch to create your ideal vacation. Connect with us to start the conversation.
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and subject to change and availability.