The Danube - Black Sea to Germany
18 Day River Cruise
Sail from the Danube Delta of the Black Sea to Hungary’s capital of Budapest through the Balkans, Hungary, and Austria on your European river cruise. Begin with an overnight stay in Bucharest for a guided sightseeing tour, including the Royal Palace Square. Travel to Cernavodă to embark on your Danube River cruise, beginning with the Danube Delta preserve. Sail through the striking landscapes of the Balkans—Rousse, Bulgaria, Veliko Târnovo, and Arbanassi, one of the oldest towns in Bulgaria.
Guided sightseeing in Vidin is followed by a guided tour of Belogradchik, with its ancient fortress and tremendous rock formations on the Balkan Mountains. After cruising through the narrow Iron Gates Gorge, visit Lepenski Vir for a guided tour with ancient archaeological finds. In Serbia, take a guided tour of Belgrade, including one of the world’s largest Orthodox churches, and see the most preserved Croatian fortress in Osijek. You’ll also attend a stirring performance by young students of the Franjo Kuhač music school. Tour the historic town of Pécs before sightseeing in the Hungarian capital of Budapest—the “Pearl of the Danube.” You’ll take a guided walk through Bratislava, Slovakia before cruising to Vienna—the “City of Music.”
Enjoy guided sightseeing in Vienna’s historic Habsburg Empire—including the Imperial Palace, Vienna Opera House, and stunning St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Visit delightful Dürnstein and Melk—charming towns in the vineyard-rich Wachau Valley. Take a guided tour and hear the legendary tale of King Richard the Lionheart in Dürnstein, and tour the magnificent Benedictine Abbey high above Melk. Visit Austria’s lovely city of Linz with a tour of the city’s historic sites, then pass through the horseshoe bend of the Danube—the beautiful Schlögen Oxbow—on your way to Passau. Enjoy a guided walking tour of Germany’s “City of Three Rivers before cruising to Deggendorf, Germany, for the conclusion of your Danube River cruise.
Countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia
River cruise starting at $10,852* CAD per person, based on double occupancy
18 Days – Bucharest to Deggendorf (reverse itinerary available)
Your stateroom includes
- Comfort Collection Beds with choice of mattress firmness
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Premium L’Occitane bath products
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door
- Flatscreen satellite TV with free movie channels
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- USB Ports
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Panoramic windows
- Elegant, contemporary design & décor
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
- Covered Observation Lounge
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
- CLASSIC – Your local expert is ready to guide you through the history and heritage of local destinations. You’ll marvel at the legends, lore, and spectacular architecture of iconic and historic sites.
- DISCOVERY – We’ve found inspiring and interactive activities to speak to your interests – from cooking classes, to painting workshops – to immerse yourself in each culture you explore.
- ACTIVE – Embark on energetic excursions to keep you in motion and on the go!
Health & Fitness
- Canoe, kayak and jogging excursions
- Maps for hiking, biking and jogging routes
- Fitness and wellness activities
An adventure designed specifically for you
Let us work with you to tailor a journey based on your travel style and interests. We can use the existing itinerary above as a foundation, or build one from scratch to create your ideal vacation. Connect with us to start the conversation.
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and subject to change and availability.