G Adventures National Geographic Journey
Experience the wonders of the land down under, journeying from sunny Sydney to the edge of the Great Barrier Reef and into the heart of the mystical Red Centre. Meet members of Australia’s indigenous community—the world’s oldest living culture—in Daintree Rainforest and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park; get up close to fascinating marine creatures at a research aquarium founded by a National Geographic grantee; and cap off your adventure in quirky, colourful Melbourne.
- Experience the Red Centre and witness the majesty of Uluru at sunrise
- Discover Melbourne’s hidden laneways
- Tour the James Cook University Aquarium
- Enjoy an Indigenous experience in the heart of Sydney’s waterfront
Small group tour starting at $6,799* CAD per person, based on double occupancy
12 Days – Sydney to Melbourne
Travel Style: National Geographic Journeys
Greater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
Service Level: Upgraded
Quality accommodations and more inclusions than on other G Adventures tours, like meals, private transport, and activities.
Physical Rating: 2 – Light
Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
Trip Type: Small Group
Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 12.
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: The Rocks Indigenous Dreaming and Welcome Tour, Sydney
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: James Cook University Research Aquarium, Cairns
- Your Journeys Highlight Moment: Melbourne Foodie Walk, Melbourne
- Your Discover Moment: Cairns.
- Sydney Harbour cruise.
- Indigenous dreamtime walk through the Daintree Rainforest at Mossman Gorge.
- Sunrise interpretive walk at Uluru.
- Walk through Walpa Gorge in Kata Tjuta.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
An adventure designed specifically for you
Let us work with you to tailor a journey based on your travel style and interests. We can use the existing itinerary above as a foundation, or build one from scratch to create your ideal vacation. Connect with us to start the conversation.
*Prices are per person, based on double occupancy and subject to change and availability.